Childcare Position Opening
North Shore Baptist Church is seeking a childcare worker to care for a wonderful group of children during the hours of 1:00 pm-4:00 pm on Sundays. The pay is $15.00/hour. Qualified applicants will be aged 18 or over and have prior experience working with children, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Church Childcare Worker/s shall:
1. Create and maintain a safe, nurturing environment for infants and young children demonstrating God’s love for each precious and unique child.
2. Collaborate with volunteers assigned to assist with childcare, including teachers providing spiritual formation activities.
3. Work under the direction of Educational Ministry and its assigned pastor.
3. Communicate regularly with Educational Ministry and its assigned pastor concerning the overall needs and progress of the childcare program, including parent satisfaction, volunteer assistance, equipment needs, etc.
4. Welcome warmly all children and parents upon arrival, guiding them to use the sign-in sheets.
5. Foster a positive relationship with parents, communicating with them regarding any special needs, events during the day, and their child’s adjustment to the childcare setting.
6. Attend promptly to children’s physical and emotional needs, i.e. runny nose, wet diapers, crying, etc.
7. Keep the children engaged in age-appropriate activities such as: coloring, listening to stories, playing with toys, and snack time.
9. Watch for signs of illness (fever, vomiting, etc.) and notify parents to remove a sick child from the nursery.
10. Ensure that the nursery room is neat and clean (wash infant toys as necessary) at the end of each session.
11. Adhere to the guidelines of the NSBC Safe Church Policy at all times.
12. Follow church COVID-19 safety policies (wear a mask, ensure children wear masks, etc).
Leave a Reply.