North Shore Baptist Church is seeking a nursery worker to care for a wonderful and diverse group of children during the hours of 9:15 am-12:45 pm on Sundays. The pay is $13.00/hour. Qualified applicants will be aged 18 or over and have prior experience working with children.
The Church Nursery Worker/s shall:
1. Create and maintain a safe, nurturing environment for infants and young children and Sundays during the worship services and the education hour, demonstrating God’s love for each precious and unique child.
2. Work under the direction of Educational Ministry and its assigned pastor.
3. Communicate regularly with the Nursery Coordinator concerning the overall needs and progress of the Nursery program, including parent satisfaction, volunteer assistance, equipment needs, etc.
4. Welcome warmly all children and parents upon arrival, guiding them to use the sign-in sheets.
5. Foster a positive relationship with parents, communicating with them regarding any special needs, events during the morning, and their child’s adjustment to the nursery.
6. Attend promptly to children’s physical and emotional needs, i.e. runny nose, wet diapers, crying, etc.
7. Keep the children engaged in age-appropriate activities such as: coloring: listening to stories, playing with toys, and snack time.
8. Encourage children age 4 and over to go to the Beginner Class during the Adventures in Learning hour.
9. Watch for signs of illness (fever, vomiting, etc.) and notify parents to remove a sick child from the nursery.
10. Ensure that the nursery room is neat and clean (wash infant toys as necessary) at the end of each session.
11. Adhere to the guidelines of the NSBC Safe Church Policy at all times.
Please fill out this form to apply.